Full name: Beyonce Giselle Knowles
Nicknames: Bee, BeeBee, JuJu
Birthdate: September 4th, 1981
Star sign: Virgo
Place of birth: Houston, Texas, USA
Height: 169 cm
Band: Destiny’s Child
First song: when she was 5
Debut solo album: ‘Dangerously In Love’ (2003)
Favourite holidays: Thanksgiving
Favourite car: Antique Convertible Jaguar
Favourite song: ‘Song For You’ by Dannie Hathway
Favourite ice cream: butter pecan
Favourite story: ‘Jem’
Favourite cities: Houston, Atlanta
Favourite movies: ‘Shaft’ and ‘Sparkle’
Favourite rapers: Jay-Z, Kanye West, Wyclef Jean
Favourite singer: Stevie Wonder
Favourite star: Stevie Wonder
Favourite book: The Rules
Favourite food: soul-food, fast-food
Friends: mom, sister Solange, Kelly Rowland
DID YOU KNOW THAT….
- Beyonce got her first name from her mother’s name in order to prevent the name from getting lost as mostly the women of the Beyonce family carried the name.
- Bee, Moth and Juju are the pet names that Beyonce’s friends have given her.
- Beyonce adopts the personality of Sasha Fierce, her alter ego, while performing on the stage.
- Stevie Wonder and N’Sync are amongst her favorite musicians.
- Tom Hanks is her favorite actor.
- Beyonce’s favorite number is 4. Her mother was born on January 4th. She was married on April 4th. Her birthday is September 4th and her husband’s is December 4th.
- Her nephew Juelz affectionately calls her Aunt B.
- She is a big fan of the water.
- The name of her all girl band is called Suga Mama.
- Beyonce is now the full manager of herself since the release of her new album 4.
- Beyonce has a mezzo-soprano vocal range.
- In 2007, she became the first female artist to be awarded the International Artist Award at the American Music Awards.
- Beyonce’s debut studio album, Dangerously in Love, was listed as one of the top 200 definitive albums in music history by the Rock and Roll of Fame.
- In 2010, Beyonce and her mother Tina opened the Beyonce Cosmetology Center at the Brooklyn Phoenix House.
- Beyonce has three fragrances, Heat, Heat Rushwith and Beyonce Pulse.
- In the song “Signs” she claims her love for Jay-Z. Guess who’s the Sagittarius?
- In grade school, classmates use to taunt her about her ears.
- The word “bootylicious” was added to The Oxford Dictionary because her song of the same name became a phenomenon.
- Beyonce Knowles’ bodyguard once broke her toe after standing on it, while trying to protect her from a crowd of fans.
- She is genuinely quiet and shy person.
- At age 8, she was in a band called Girl’s Tyme.
- When Beyonce finally stopped wearing real fur, PETA sent her faux fur as a wedding present.
- Beyonce’s production company is called The Parkwood Group, and is named after the street she grew up on in Houston.
- After two fans were hurt at a concert in St. Louis in 2007, Beyonce rushed to the hospital to make sure they were okay.
- Beyonce has said that her career was inspired by Diana Ross and Tina Turner.
- Beyonce reportedly lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks for her role in Dreamgirls.
- Beyonce has admitted that she went into a deep depression after Destiny’s Child broke up.